At Home Sales Agent - Travel & Leisure - Inbound Calls
Location: Denver, Colorado
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine the mountain resort experience with us.
Welcome to Vail Resorts.
Start Your Career Opportunity of a Lifetime at Vail Resorts: As an At Home Sales Agent, you will book customized vacation experiences for the guests of Vail Resorts’ renowned mountain resorts via inbound calls from the comfort of your home. Inbound calls from our guests interested in booking an Experience of a Lifetime at one of our world-class mountain resorts will be received by the At Home Sales Agent. Each call presents you with the opportunity to create an epic vacation experience and receive commission as you build it. This is an ideal opportunity for the self-motivated and enthusiastic individual who wants a career at the largest mountain destination company in the travel and hospitality industry.
Get Non-Traditional Perks, Benefits and Flexibility:
- Work from the comfort of your own home. No commute and more flexibility.
- Inbound calls only – no cold calling.
- Receive a complimentary season ski pass for you and dependent family members to ski or snowboard at all of Vail Resorts’ owned and operated resorts.
- Receive discounts on lodging, retail, food and beverage and transportation at some resorts.
- Work 10-months out of the year, with two consecutive and/or separate months off depending on schedule availability and receive traditional benefits, such as health insurance and 401K.
Develop Your Career Path: To assure Virtual Sales Travel Agents are well versed and knowledgeable of Vail Resorts’ different resorts and experiences, team members will have the opportunity to participate in job-specific training that includes virtual and onsite property and activity tours.
- Minimum six months' experience working in a sales capacity with performance metrics/goals with the ability to work well with people, overcome objectives, and sell products or services.
- Must live in the Boulder/Broomfield/Colorado Springs/Denver area in Colorado, with the ability to attend three weeks of initial onsite training including up to three overnight stays in resort during a three-week period.
- Computer proficiency, including ability to easily and efficiently navigate and toggle between multiple screens, talk and type simultaneously, and troubleshoot basic computer issues.
- Excellent communication and active listening skills, including the ability to speak, read and write fluently in English.
- High school diploma or equivalent degree.
- Minimum six months’ experience in the travel agent industry
- Experience working on a base salary plus commission compensation structure
- Prior experience working from home
- Past virtual training experience, which required the completion of self-paced modules
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree
- A passion for skiing/snowboarding or familiarity with Vail Resorts’ mountain resorts
- Vacation planning experience a plus
Technical Job Requirements:
Vail Resorts is pleased to provide some of the technical hardware equipment required to perform this role including virtual desktop terminal, keyboard and mouse, second monitor, telephone and headset, webcam, speakers and networking cable.
Final Candidates must provide the following:
- Dedicated landline (cellular phones, or VoIP phones are not permitted)
- High-speed wired internet connection (wireless is not permitted)
- Home office free from background noise and distractions
- Candidates must be able to confirm that you have current accounts for both landline and wired internet before being considered for a final job offer.
This work-at-home position requires that the candidate be available to work 40 hours per week. Overtime may be required during peak business periods such as the month of January. Hours will include weekend hours, evening hours and holidays.
Opportunities Available Include:
- Full-time, 10-month position, eight-hour shifts
After the initial three-weeks of training, ongoing training will be held in a virtual learning environment and completed from the home office. Ongoing coaching will be provided to further develop proficiencies in critical competencies necessary for ongoing success.
Join a team of brave, ambitious and passionate people. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com.
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 136090
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Sign up for Job Alerts
Freelance BloggersCOED MEDIA GROUPUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Outreach Representative - Work at HomeGateway Health PlanUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Online Support Specialist - RemoteFROSCHUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Data Entry Specialist - Work from HomeHuman APIUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Professional Tutor - RemoteRevolution PrepUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Reservations Sales Agent (At Home)Loews Hotels & ResortsUnited States of AmericaMay 07
Work from Home - Travel Consultant Agent: Sales and/or Service CallsSykes Enterprises, Inc.United States of AmericaApr 26
Reservation Sales Agent I (Work at Home)Holland America LineUnited States of AmericaMay 05
Telemarketer / Call Center Representative / Work At Home / Phone SaleIDialUUnited States of AmericaMay 10
Telemarketer / Call Center Representative / Work At Home / Phone SaleIDialUUnited States of AmericaMay 12