Medical Science Liaison (Virtual)
The Medical Science Liaison develops professional relationships with thought leaders and academic centers and translates those relationships into business and research opportunities, as well as providing timely, accurate, unbiased fair-and balanced product information to internal and external customers. The Medical Science Liaison disseminates technical and scientific presentations to critical stakeholders including: key institutions, key opinion leaders, and insurance companies.
Candidates not already living in the Durham, North Carolina area may be considered for a field based (no relocation) position if their experience and current home locale meet Bioventus' objectives for ready availability of MSL resources in certain geographic areas
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Interpret and effectively communicate relevant medical and scientific topics and literature.
- Present complex medical and scientific ideas fluently to internal and external audiences including, health care professionals, managed care organizations, key health care decision makers, patents functions and Executives.
- Attend major conventions, symposiums, advisory board programs, and congresses to provide medical and scientific support to internal and external customers.
- Support marketing and sales teams with medical and scientific expertise
Identify, develop, and maintain strong working relationships with Key Opinion Leaders.
- Work effectively across multidisciplinary groups in a timely fashion in support of business outcomes.
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date knowledge of disease state, clinical information, and product data within assigned therapeutic area
- Support and facilitate medical communications and publications (e.g. abstracts, case studies/series, review articles, etc.)
- Act as the main point of contact for scientists and clinicians interested in requesting Investigator Initiated Research grants
- At the request of and under the direction of the Medical Lead for Clinical Affairs, facilitate the recruitment and evaluation of appropriate investigators for post-marketing investigations
- Assist with the development and review of scientific marketing presentation materials
- Support sales training activities by serving as a product expert in training sessions
- Contribute to development of databases of medical and scientific information regarding products and similar/competing products.
SCOPE OF POSITION RESPONSIBILITES
For Funds, Costs or Profits:
Responsible for prudent management of an annual allowance for travel and scientific meetings as well as nominal materials and supplies for project-related activities
No direct supervisory role is expected
For Internal and External Responsibilities:
Establishes relationships with marketing and sales teams to ensure dissemination and development of scientific data. The Medical Liaison position interacts with numerous internal and external customers. Examples include: Key Opinion Leaders and Investigators, Managed Care, Professional Associations, Sales Directors and specialists
For Organization Influence:
Contribute to strategic decisions through understanding of disease state, clinical information and product data within therapeutic areas. Interact with multidisciplinary global teams.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS these are non-essential job duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Assist management in the product development group as requested
Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Advanced scientific or clinical degree (MD, PhD, PA). Skills in scientific literature evaluation and preparation of scientific manuscripts and presentations are essential. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail. Professional appearance and demeanor. Prior experience in Medical Affairs role with extensive experience interacting with clinicians (prior MSL experience in a surgical therapeutic are a is a plus). Possess doctorate level scientific knowledge and professional demeanor to earn and maintain the respect of all health care professionals. The ability to organize and present complex scientific concepts to an audience of varying knowledge levels is a key prerequisite.
Demonstrated computer experience with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires walking/standing/sitting 30% of the time. Requires the ability to travel on aircraft, by car, bus, boat or common transportation means. Transcontinental travel will represent up to %50 percent of the successful candidate’s activity. International travel may also occasionally be required. Requires use of hands and arms to operate computers, copy machines, and telephone. Requires the ability to hear directions given. Visually perform essential functions for satisfactory job performance and safety.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Willingness and ability to travel up to 50%.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
Sign up for Job Alerts
Freelance BloggersCOED MEDIA GROUPUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Outreach Representative - Work at HomeGateway Health PlanUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Online Support Specialist - RemoteFROSCHUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Data Entry Specialist - Work from HomeHuman APIUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Professional Tutor - RemoteRevolution PrepUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Virtual AssistantQweenIndiaMay 08
Virtual AssistantDirect Marketing Sales UnlimitedUnited States of AmericaMay 21
Virtual Recruiter - NationwideRelevanteUnited States of AmericaMay 05
Digital Research Specialist - VirtualGoodway GroupUnited States of AmericaMay 20
Travel Help Desk Agent, VirtualAAA Club AllianceUnited States of AmericaMay 07