This is a remote work from home position as part of the Managed Service team providing services to Cisco, candidates will be immersed in all Website and Collaboration technologies and services within Cisco. The Solution Consultant will communicate with cross-functional teams to develop solutions ranging from information architecture design to creative design and web development. This position reports to an Onsite Manager/Service Lead Manager and qualified candidates typically have 3 to 5 years of experience in a related field.
Candidates will work alongside their colleagues providing expert analysis and consultancy to key accounts and stakeholders with a specialist in User Experience (UE), Content Management Solutions (CMS) and Collaborative Web 2.0 technologies. The candidate will serve as a trusted advisor who partners with their clients and our team in designing the appropriate solutions to meet their objectives and manage project requests from conception through to delivery. Working with both Cisco’s intranet and Collaboration platform, the candidate will be responsible for reviewing the client’s business needs, creating wireframe models and then working with a large cross-functional team to deliver the solution.
The applicant must demonstrate leadership, possess project management skills, have strong UE and CMS development experience and be innovative in their approach to managing and meeting client expectations. Candidates will be required to produce all documentation related to the projects, interact with the development team, and work within the SLA and KPI’s relevant to the deliverables.
- Client Management – Confidently and effectively communicate with multiple clients/stakeholders on a daily basis through emails, meetings, phone calls and IM. The stakeholders are located internationally and can include executive level management.
Project Management –
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously to stay on track with deliverables, schedule and budget.
- Understand the project life cycle and its impact to project delivery.
- Monitor, manage and communicate project budgets and related work estimates for client projects
- Perform all work to meet SLAs and KPIs while adhering to operational processes and procedures
- Consulting: Consult, evaluate, and recommend the most appropriate solutions and coordinate with clients on project delivery
- Information Architecture – Translate clients’ requirements into a working information architecture complying with Cisco standards, guidelines and wider web usability and findability best practices.
- Wireframe/Website Development and Delivery –Create and present wire-frames and design mock-ups. Coordinate/manage development team to deliver the working solution. Ensure delivery of high quality solutions through testing, inspection, and validation
- Building and Fostering Relationships:
Build relationships with peers, among client’s staff, understand the client’s culture, and identify their key business objectives.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, coordinating teams, people, and activities across multi-functional projects and phases
- consistent, professional, and proactive
- an ability to explain technical issues to non-technical audiences
- an ability to think strategically and creatively, and to communicate and influence others
- A creative focus with ability to balance layout, design and user experience
- A personal emphasis and desire to produce consistent, high quality work
- A desire to learn new technologies and methods both inside and outside of Cisco
- A willingness to collaborate with others and share ideas, best practices and knowledge
- Build and nurture relationships with our ecosystem to ensure alignment with platform and application teams responsible for standard creation and governance.
- At least 3-5 years of experience of working in a similar environment
- Strong understanding of web information architecture and user experience best practices
- Strong experience in web usability best practices & user-centered interface design
- Understanding of latest web technology trends, including the social network tools
- Strong interpersonal communication and client management skills
- Facility for analyzing disparate and/or changing requirements and proposing creative yet compliant and cost-effective solutions
- Adept at producing client facing documentation, namely user requirements document
- Knowledge of content management and document repository systems
- Experience using Project Management Software (MS Project, Basecamp, Workfront)
- Experience working within Brand Guidelines (Style, usability)
- Web analytics (Unica, Google Analytics)
- Experience using Web 2.0 collaborative and social media technologies including RSS, Wikis, Discussion Forums, Video Collaboration and Podcasts.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Freelance BloggersCOED MEDIA GROUPUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Outreach Representative - Work at HomeGateway Health PlanUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Online Support Specialist - RemoteFROSCHUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Data Entry Specialist - Work from HomeHuman APIUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Professional Tutor - RemoteRevolution PrepUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Estimator - Work from HomeBrightView Landscapes, LLCUnited States of AmericaMay 07
Customer Service & Sales Representatives -Work From Home (Remote)SitelUnited States of AmericaMay 21
Sales Agent (Work from Home)TH CorpUnited States of AmericaMay 04
Office Assistant - Work from HomeEco MoldingUnited States of AmericaMay 07