If you love providing world-class customer service, interacting with diverse customers, and are looking for a fulfilling career with immense opportunity, look no further! DISH’s 10 U.S.-based Customer Service Centers provide award-winning service to millions of customers throughout the nation. WAH Customer Service Representatives are the face and voice of DISH to our nearly 14 million customers across the United States. CSR’s act as excellent information resources for billing, programming, and troubleshooting questions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
WAH Customer Service Representatives are responsible for resolving customer issues, preventing future callbacks through amazing customer service and intuition into customer needs, and promoting the award-winning products (like the Hopper w/ Sling) and services (like PrimeTime AnyTime) while operating at maximum efficiency and with the utmost professional courtesy.
Primary responsibilities fall within the following categories:
- Payments and Billing - accept payments by a variety of methods, offer self-serve payment solutions, explain charges and credits on the customer’s bill, and resolve complex billing scenarios
- Product features - assist customers with pay-per-view orders, change programming packages, equipment upgrades, and educate customers about the many features of DISH’s award-winning products
- Sales - use a consultative approach to educate and offer existing customers additional programming, and promote products and services to enhance their DISH experience
- Accurately respond to questions and assist customers (internal and external) with product features, installation, setup, and troubleshooting and hardware operations primarily via phone
A WAH Customer Service Representative performs the job duties and responsibilities above as well as the following essential job functions:
- Working flexible schedules including weekends, holidays, and evenings
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Ability to regularly sit for long periods of time
- Ability to multi-task; speaking with customer while accurately logging and recording customer information in to call center databases
- Take back-to-back phone calls from DISH internal customers nationwide and assist them with questions regarding work order modifications, equipment modifications, as well as activation of customer services
- Meet or exceed minimum performance standards including but not limited to Average Handle Time; Customer Satisfaction; Quality, Up-selling, etc. You will be constantly measured on these metrics
- Deescalate upset or irate customers in order to satisfactorily address their customer service needs
Skills - Experience and Requirements:
A successful WAH Customer Service Representative will have the following:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- Six-months of related customer service experience and/or training preferred
- Proficiently utilize Windows OS (XP, 7, 8, 10) and internet search engines
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong sense of professionalism and active listening skills
- Ability to problem solve and use resources on proprietary software/tools to understand and craft the right solution across varying customer needs, business rules, and processes
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a remote location
- Must be El Paso based
Internet Minimum Specifications
At Home agents must meet and maintain the following requirements:
- Minimum 7 Mbps download
- Minimum 1 Mbps upload
- Internet provider that’s not fixed wireless or satellite
- All costs to meet and maintain these requirements, including repairs, Internet/ISP charges, and additional charges associated from their ISP are the responsibility of the At Home agent and are not reimbursed by DISH
Data and Usage Caps
DISH prefers that At Home agents do not have bandwidth or data cap on Internet usage (caps lower than 250GB are not recommended). At Home agents are responsible for managing their data usage in a way that does not impact ISP connectivity, and they will be responsible for paying any overage charges associated with exceeding a cap.
Agents will receive the necessary At Home equipment on-site. At Home agents will be responsible for transporting and installing the equipment to their at-home location. Agents will receive a document to help install the equipment and will have the opportunity to connect the equipment onsite before going home.
At Home agents are expected to have 99% uptime.
Home Environment and Work Space
Agents must have a dedicated workspace as the home office (preferably a separate room) and must maintain the workspace in a safe condition, free from hazards and other dangers to people and equipment. Since At Home agents will assist DISH customers over the phone personal disruptions such as but not limited to children playing, dogs barking, loud music, and non-work-related phone calls. Additionally, dependent care and other family obligations must not interfere with job duties.
DISH reserves the right to inspect At Home workspaces to ensure business requirements are met. At Home agents must agree and understand that such inspections are necessary to ensure continuity of DISH’s business and excellent standards of customer service.
At Home agents will be members of a larger virtual team, with support from a supervisor. There will be additional resources available such as team leads, help desk, and online tools. This is a structured environment and At Home agents will be provided a schedule they must adhere to.
Initial new hire training will be conducted on-site and last4 weeks. After the new hire period, a minimum of one on-site workday per quarter will be required with additional days scheduled as needed.
DISH considers providing reasonable accommodations whenever necessary to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to overcome physical or mental disabilities that prevent them from performing the essential functions of the position or to otherwise enjoy an equal employment opportunity. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
We pride ourselves on developing and promoting talent as an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. We are a true merit-based organization and work hard so there are no artificial barriers to one's potential success. DISH is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless.
Consistent with this commitment, DISH will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodation to otherwise qualified job applicants and employees with known physical or mental disabilities, unless doing so poses an undue hardship on the Company, poses a direct threat of substantial harm to the employee or others, or is otherwise not required by law.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Freelance BloggersCOED MEDIA GROUPUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Outreach Representative - Work at HomeGateway Health PlanUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Online Support Specialist - RemoteFROSCHUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Data Entry Specialist - Work from HomeHuman APIUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Professional Tutor - RemoteRevolution PrepUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Customer Service Representative - Work at HomeCapstone Search GroupUnited States of AmericaMay 12
Customer Service Representative - Work at HomeArizona License & Title Services LLCUnited States of AmericaMay 17
Full Time Work at Home Customer Service RepHSNUnited States of AmericaMay 03
Work-at-Home Customer Support (Cable Industry)Sutherland Global ServicesUnited States of AmericaMay 02
Auto Insurance Customer Service Representative - Work At HomePEAK-ProStaffing IncUnited States of AmericaMay 21