Virtual Part-Time Client Services Accountant (Financial Operations Associate)
Are you an experienced accounting professional that would love owning your schedule and the ability to work from home? If so, we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
Supporting Strategies provides outsourced bookkeeping and operational support services. Our use of experienced accounting professionals, virtual infrastructure, and a systematized business process results in a compelling and comprehensive solution for growing businesses. Supporting Strategies currently has offices in over 50 locations in the U.S. and growing.
Supporting Strategies is seeking a virtual FINANCIAL OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE to join our growing team. The successful candidate would enjoy the following:
- Working with multiple clients, learning their businesses and optimizing their accounting workflow.
- Taking on the occasional shoebox, putting it in order, and getting the client set-up to move forward on our cloud-based platform.
- Collaborate with the clients’ team and provide them with support and data to help make their business a success.
- Implement cutting-edge technology tools to provide each client with the best possible accounting solutions, business processes and workflows.
As an Associate, you will be responsible for:
- Assist in the new client on-boarding process. This process may include: (1) set-up/clean-up their books, (2) assist with the set-up of various cloud-based accounting tools, and (3) set-up of tasks in our workflow management system and documentation of client specific processes.
- Manage, as applicable, processes related to A/P and A/R management, bookkeeping entries and closing the books on a monthly basis as well as prepare financial reporting and analysis. May also include payroll and HR administration, and special projects as assigned.
- Collaborate with your Financial Operations Manager and other Financial Operations Associates on your team to ensure all clients are delighted with our services. This means timely and effective communication, and delivery on deadlines and deliverables, and in general providing value through stellar accounting support.
The fully qualified candidate must have the following experience and attributes:
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business.
- 10+ years of directly relevant experience.
- Strong experience working with QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel.
- Must be able to commit to 25 hours/week during normal business hours.
- Strong interpersonal skills: outgoing, positive, energetic person with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to deal with demanding clients with constantly shifting priorities.
- Ability to keep confidential highly sensitive company plans and data.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong personal initiative.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work effectively with employees and senior managers of the company.
- Able to handle multiple priorities.
- Extremely tech savvy-capable of mastering new hardware and software quickly and easily.
- Consistently and accurately follow established policies and procedures.
- Work independently to complete assignments while knowing when to escalate issues and ask questions.
- Willingness to tackle unfamiliar tasks.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
HIGHEST DEGREE OBTAINED: Bachelor's Degree
RATE: $25.00 - $25.00 Hourly
FIELD OF EXPERTISE: Accounting & Finance
WORK EXPERIENCE: 10+
CAREER LEVEL: Staff
Date Published: 5/2/2017
This position is being handled by an outside client posting on our Job Board. Please apply directly to this position for consideration, and someone from the company above will contact you if your experience meets their criteria. Corps Team will not be able to respond to calls or inquiries related to postings by outside clients.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Freelance BloggersCOED MEDIA GROUPUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Outreach Representative - Work at HomeGateway Health PlanUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Online Support Specialist - RemoteFROSCHUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Data Entry Specialist - Work from HomeHuman APIUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Professional Tutor - RemoteRevolution PrepUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Career Transition Coach(Virtual, Part-Time)RiseSmartIndiaMay 10
Part-Time Work From Home Customer Service RepresentativeGerson Lehrman GroupUnited States of AmericaMay 02
Austin - Bilingual Virtual Receptionist (Answering Service)Apollo Answering Service, LLCUnited States of AmericaMay 10
Chat Customer Service Reps - Remote / Virtual - TXIntelliSourceUnited States of AmericaMay 08
Chat Customer Service Reps - Remote / Virtual - WYIntelliSourceUnited States of AmericaMay 08