Reservation Sales Agent I (Work at Home)
We are committed to our mission: Through excellence, we create once-in-a-lifetime experiences, every time.
Holland America Line's mission guides our business to deliver once-in-a-lifetime experiences for our guests, care for our employees, remain stewards of the environment and operate in partnership with the people and organizations in the communities in which we do business. Our office is located in the beautiful city of Seattle, on the Elliott Bay waterfront just a short distance from downtown. Our Corporate Team supports a fleet of 14 modern classic ships offers more than 500 sailings a year visiting all seven continents.
As a Work at Home Reservation Sales Agent I for Holland America Line, you will respond to a variety of inbound calls from Travel Professionals and consumers. You will utilize your superior customer service skills to build rapport, recommend and book cruises, Land and Sea Journeys, and options. Be a knowledgeable resource for travel professionals and consumers. Provide quality customer service on all calls. Maintain department's telephone service level goals. In this position, selected candidates will train and work from home.
- Apply professional customer service techniques in assisting travel professionals with the sale and booking of cruises and Land and Sea Journeys.
- Be a motivated self-starter, with the ability to achieve personal goals and support departmental objectives
- Provide superior customer service, answer all questions and be a knowledgeable resource for travel professionals and consumers.
- Proactively assist travel professionals and consumers with problems that might occur on a reservation and work across departments to provide seamless resolution.
- Provide customers accurate information consistent with department standards, document customer information, recap itinerary and advise of correct terms and conditions
- Any special projects as directed by the Supervisor or Manager of Reservations.
- Must have access to high speed broadband internet for business line connection.
- Must also have dedicated, quiet workspace in place of residence.
- Provide quality customer service on all calls
- Self-motivated by personal performance, self-starter and quick learner
- Ability to work independently and meet performance metrics, adherence and availability requirements
- Excellent communication and listening skills required
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, Outlook, website navigation and performance of key word searches, ability to distinguish colors in reservations computer system
- Previous sales or customer service experience required. Preferably in the travel or hospitality industry
- Flexibility of scheduling to work overtime, evenings until 7pm and weekends required. Schedule remains subject to change on a permanent or temporary basis should business needs require
- Time off benefits - 8 paid holidays, paid vacation and paid sick time
- Travel – Generous Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Health - Complete benefit plans including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
- Wellness - Health and wellness programs include discounted health benefits and memberships
- Tuition Reimbursement - Up to 80% with a maximum of $2000 per fiscal year
- 401(k) - Company match of 33% on employees first 6% contribution with 100% vesting after 4 years of service
- Profit Sharing Plan - Eligible after 1 year of service
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan – Discount on Carnival Corporation stock
- Training - In-house Discover University courses on professional development
- Rewards & Incentives - Employee Recognition and Reward Programs; rideshare, financial commuter incentives; special employee discounts for local venues, banking services and retail stores
For more than 140 years, Holland America Line has been a recognized leader in cruising, taking our guests to exotic destinations around the world. Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our application process is quick and easy, be sure to login to our Talent Center and create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.Holland America Line is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Freelance BloggersCOED MEDIA GROUPUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Outreach Representative - Work at HomeGateway Health PlanUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Online Support Specialist - RemoteFROSCHUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Data Entry Specialist - Work from HomeHuman APIUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Professional Tutor - RemoteRevolution PrepUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Reservations Sales Agent (At Home)Loews Hotels & ResortsUnited States of AmericaMay 07
Remote Order Entry Agent - Work at HomeFranchise First Pizza Hut Int'lUnited States of AmericaMay 08
Live Chat Agent - Work at HomeThe Chat ShopUnited States of AmericaMay 08
Sales Agent (Work from Home)TH CorpUnited States of AmericaMay 04
Work@Home Solutions AgentSitelUnited States of AmericaMay 08