Medical Coder, Pathology – Telecommute
Health care isn't just changing. It's growing more complex every day. Because of this hospitals and health care organizations continue to adapt, and we are a vital part of their evolution. If you're looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Delivering quality care starts with ensuring our processes and documentation standards are being met and kept at the highest level possible. This means working behind the scenes ensuring a member - centric approach to care.
Who are we? We're Optum360. We're a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we'll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of revenue management services to health care providers nationwide.
- Performs various clerical functions as requested by the supervisor or group lead
- Responsibilities include: Applying CPT - 4 and ICD - 10 codes by translating dictated pathology reports, in a timely and accurate manner
- Responds to accounts receivable department when coding discrepancies need reviewed due to payer denials
- Effectively communicates with superiors, peers, billing reps, and others, as appropriate, on regular basis, assuring proper flow of information
- Understand and follow all department and company SOP’s
- Perform special projects as assigned by the manager
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
- High school diploma or GED
- Active AAPC coding certification CPC or Active AHIMA coding certification CCS
- AAPC ICD - 10 certification
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- 2+ years experience in medical coding
- 2+ years of related work in billing or laboratory testing
- Pathology coding experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Experience working in a measured production and quality based environment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum360, Medical Coding, Medical & Clinical Operations, Pathology, Work at home, Telecommute, AAPC coding certification (CPC), billing, laboratory testing, CCS
Sign up for Job Alerts
Freelance BloggersCOED MEDIA GROUPUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Outreach Representative - Work at HomeGateway Health PlanUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Online Support Specialist - RemoteFROSCHUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Data Entry Specialist - Work from HomeHuman APIUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Professional Tutor - RemoteRevolution PrepUnited States of AmericaMay 23
Medical Science Liaison (Virtual)BioventusUnited States of AmericaMay 12
HR Specialist / Independent Recruiting Agent / Telecommute From HomeConduuit, LLCUnited States of AmericaMay 19
Medical Writer 2- Home BasedPRA Health SciencesUnited States of AmericaMay 05
Medical Transcriptionist (Work-from-Home)Vishanz Business ServicesIndiaMay 10
Medical Scribe - Work at HomeMModalUnited States of AmericaMay 02