Customer Care Rep - Call center & Work from home program
Job ID: 29275
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Location: Seattle, WA
Job Title: Customer Care Rep - Call center & Work from home program
Manager, Customer Care
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Cuba. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 118 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion. .
- Provide superior customer service to Alaska Airlines' customers, by offering accurate information and creative resolutions to customer inquiries, complaints, and requests for assistance
- Handle incoming calls from customers in a prompt and courteous manner
- Handle written correspondence with customers and other departments as needed
- Research and resolve customer issues, keeping accurate records of interactions
- Promote strategic partnerships by educating customers about current marketing promotions and program benefits
- Maintain records of problems reported by customers, and report that information to the appropriate areas for correction
- Identify problems, which may be critical to Web site operation, and report them to the Supervisor
- Demonstrate and communicate to customers knowledge of the Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan, Alaska Airlines Web site, and the internet as a whole
- Ability to work Saturdays and Holidays
- Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates
- Other duties as assigned
- Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness and Caring
- 8am (PST) - 6pm (PST) with the possibility of extended hours based on business needs
- Candidates must be flexible and willing to work early mornings, afternoons, early evenings, weekends and holidays
WORK FROM HOME PROGRAM
- Agents will need to work from home after 13-14 weeks
- Requirements for work from home: agents must live within 100 miles of the call center located in Kent, WA; must establish and maintain designated work area; must maintain at your own expense a dedicated telephone line and high-speed, hard wired internet connection
- Saber/IMAGE and Computer experience (Windows environment) preferred
- Familiar with company policies related to fare and ticketing rules/policies and operational procedures preferred
- Two years' customer service experience required
- A demonstrated knowledge of the workings of the alaskaair.com Web site, to include contents, navigation, interaction with other systems, etc. preferred
- Familiarity with internet applications (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.) required
- Excellent customer service skills, written and oral required
- Good listening skills required
- Enthusiastic and willing to participate in playing an important role in helping to retain Alaska Airlines customers required
- Possess strong computer skills and ability to type 35 words per minute preferred
- Able to organize and multitask to solve complex administrative challenges required
- Ability to deal with different challenges while resolving customer concerns required
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum age of 18
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
The location for this position is in Kent, Washington
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Each day, we are guided by our core values of Professionalism, Caring, Resourcefulness, Integrity and Alaska Spirit at work and in our communities. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. .
Please apply on or before: April 9th, 2017.
A few helpful tips when applying -
Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
Gather your paperwork, including your work history (we require 10 years of work history to be added to the application), resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to..
Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Work from Home - Travel Consultant Agent: Sales and/or Service CallsSykes Enterprises, Inc.United States of AmericaApr 26
Experienced Cruise Agent / Work From HomeCruisesIt.comUnited States of AmericaApr 26
International Travel Agent - Work from HomeAAA Club AllianceUnited States of AmericaApr 26
Experienced Call Agent B2B - Work from home - many spots open!inSegmentUnited States of AmericaApr 26
Quality Assurance Agent-Call Verification - Work from HomeHoliday Inn Club VacationsUnited States of AmericaApr 26
Call Center Representative - Work from HomeKSH Professional ServicesUnited States of AmericaApr 06
Customer Service Rep/ Telesales - Work From HomeManpowerUnited States of AmericaMar 30
Customer Service Rep/ Telesales - Work From HomeManpowerUnited States of AmericaApr 08
Customer Care Professional - WORK FROM HOMEVivintUnited States of AmericaApr 04
Customer Care Assistant - Work From HomeConduentUnited States of AmericaMar 30