Are you looking for a challenging role that includes the convenience of working virtually at home? Are you a reliable, “Do the right thing”, highly self-motivated individual? Do you genuinely care about people leadership? Then a Capital One Unit Manager role may be the role for you!
As a Work at Home Unit Manager at Capital One, you will lead a dynamic team of front line associates that work out of their home who are the face of Capital One for our customers. Creating excitement and maintaining high levels of morale through change are essential for leaders within Capital One. Unit Managers manage, develop and motivate an internal team of 15 - 25 associates and strive to exceed standards of customer service and experience.
Work at Home additional expectations:
- Accountable for achieving business goals for a team of up to 25 associates within unit.
- Provide continuous feedback and coaching to improve and maintain high quality customer experience, effectiveness and efficiency metrics.
- Prepare and deliver monthly performance reviews for direct reports.
- Manage business level metrics (pen rates, occupancy) to high efficiency standards. - Share in the accountability for a business level function team (Logistics, quality, innovation, morale).
- Motivate and develop associates and help them achieve their career aspirations.
- Execute flawless management of projects assigned to unit.
- Ensure timely administrative responsibilities of time cards, spreadsheets, team meetings, etc.
- Define and measure performance metrics (incentives, monthly scorecards, annual appraisal) and clearly communicate to team.
- Candidates must live within 75-100 miles from the Hub site
- The ability to come on site to one of our offices is mandatory when required during training or as dictated by business
- This role requires a home office environment that is free from background noise, distractions and any activities that could potentially interrupt focus on servicing our customers.
- A high speed broadband internet service provider is required in the home office space
- No dial up or Satellite internet service providers permitted
- A hardwired internet connection is required upon start to perform the duties of this job
- The Internet service provider speed/bandwidth must be 1 megabyte per second or higher (minimum required). Please contact your internet service provider for confirmation.
- Please check your internet service provider speed/bandwidth here, http://www.speedtest.net/
- Our ideal candidate should have strong, independent, problem solving skills and should be able troubleshoot technical issues.
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in People Management
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- 5 years experience in People Management
- 2 years experience in Process Management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.