YourDictionary Content Editor - Telecommute
United States of America
Posted: February 16, 2017
| Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $20 - $25 an hour
$20 - $25 an hour - Part-time, Other
Leading online dictionary and grammar resource, YourDictionary.com is seeking a part-time editor to review and edit new and existing articles and slideshows.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Work with the Product Manager to develop high quality content pertaining to definitions, grammar, writing, sentence examples, word games, and more. Assign content to writers and researchers and give them clear, kind and constructive feedback as needed. Proofread, edit, fact check, and rewrite copy to meet content standards.
Position is part-time (approximately 20 hours a week) and has flexible hours. You will telecommute from your home office. You need your own computer and high speed internet access. Hourly rate of $20 – 25, depending on experience.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 2+ years editing experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of proper grammar and punctuation usage.
- Strong editing skills to ensure all written content is clear, logical, well-organized and complete.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related field.
- Familiarity with online content management systems and tools.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with great organizational skills.
- Ability to follow style guides, brand guidelines and voice standards
- Experience working as a content editor on a major web site.
- Experience teaching writing or grammar.
- Cringes at misplaced apostrophes.
- Management of freelance writers.
How to Apply:
- Please send us an email (with your resume pasted into the body of your email) with YourDictionary Editor in the subject line.
- Also, please tell us a little about yourself and why you think you’d be a good fit!