Patient Account Specialist-Work From Home
Dupage Medical Group
United States of America
Posted: February 15, 2017
| Job Type: Full Time
|High School/GED |
Midwest Physician Administrative Services (MPAS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of DuPage Medical Group. MPAS was created in 2011 to provide an efficient way of integrating and delivering administrative and clinical services to customers like Northwestern Medicine, University of Chicago Medicine and Edward-Elmhurst Health.
We have amazing benefits and great opportunities for growth!
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is the main point of contact for inquiries related to patient accounts. The CSR will be versed in all aspects of the revenue cycle (registration, health plan benefits, deductibles, co-pays, adjustments, collections, etc.) and will work toward first call resolution. The CSR will also escalate to appropriate internal departments and is responsible for following up with the patient to provide an outcome.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide exemplary customer service via telephone to patients, providers, business partners and co-workers
- Answer patient inquires and concerns regarding their account status
- Resolve account balances by taking payments, setting up payment plans or screening for financial hardship
- Identify billing, coding and health plan coverage issues and escalate appropriately for proper resolution
- Act as a patient advocate by providing information and education on health plan benefits, billing and the reimbursement process to the patient
- Update and load health plan coverage
- Respond to inquires via voice mail, MyChart, email, etc., in a timely manner
- Provide assistance to patients looking for a DMG physician / location
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
EDUCATION and/or CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE:
- Excellent verbal and written communication – correct use of grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Active listener – anticipate patient needs and give high priority to their satisfaction
- Effective in identifying, analyzing and solving problems – generate alternatives and provide appropriate solutions
- Proven ability to multitask within a fast paced environment
- Proficient with using multiple computer programs and applications simultaneously
- Must type a minimum of 40 wpm
- Foster teamwork and support change within the organization
- (REQUIRED) High school / GED
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of insurance industry / health plans / EOBs and billing procedures
- Knowledge of ICD-9 / ICD-10
- Knowledge of HIPAA
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
- (REQUIRED) Minimum of 1yr of experience in a position directly related to revenue cycle / patient accounts, collections, insurance follow up and or patient access / registration, etc.
- (PREFERRED) 1yr of experience with Epic or similar EMR
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands or finger, handle or feel; talk and or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. The employee is required to use a keyboard, dual monitors, and wear a headset for telephone use.
Office environment. Frequent contact with patients, providers, business partners and co-workers. Fast paced.